- 1 语义
- 2 神能的性质
- 3 使用神能
- 4 使用的意图
- 5 颜色
- 6 Healing
- 7 纽带
- 8 其他世界的已知纽带
- 9 神能的分类
- 10 人类的神能
- 11 物体的神能
- 12 自然现象中的神能
- 13 神能的展现方式
- 14 引用与注释
Investiture transcends the three realms: Physical, Cognitive, and Spiritual that comprise most of the cosmere.在实界域，神能可以以固态（例如天金、天铂）、液态（例如神潭）或者气态（例如存留的迷雾、飓光或者灵息）的形式存在。出于某些三界宙内的法则，所有固态神能均为金属。 Most often these appear due to influence by a 神瑛 holder, however some formations occur in a more natural way. Investiture works in a similar fashion to energy in that it follows its own laws of thermodynamics.神能无法销毁，只能再分配。大量神能聚集之处会形成一个可以贯穿三界的腔，这种存在被称作垂贯点。
Just as there is an equivalency between mass and energy, in the cosmere these things can also be exchanged with a magical power known as Investiture. When Investiture is accounted for, the cosmere adheres to the ordinary laws of conservation and thermodynamics. Investiture mostly exists in the Spiritual Realm, though it is more precisely understood as transcending the Realms. However, it can also exist in a "condensed" form in the Physical Realm as solid, liquid, or gas.
If left alone, Investiture will, over time, become self-aware, resulting in a Splinter. Khriss suspects that the land itself on Sel is undergoing a process like this as a result of Devotion and Dominion's Investiture being trapped in the Cognitive Realm. More common examples of this process include seons and spren.
Investiture has a property that associates it with one of the sixteen Shards of Adonalsium; at the Shattering of Adonalsium, all Investiture was divided evenly between the Shards. Even though, as a result of the Shattering, all Investiture is associated with a Shard, Investiture also remains linked to Adonalsium in some way and the Shattering meant "everything and nothing at the same time" to Investiture.
值得注意的一点是，如果有两种神瑛的力量共同作用于一个实体，或者一个神瑛试图侵入另一个神瑛的魔法时，该实体通常呈现红色。When this happens, the effects will often be colored red. For example, when Trell's Faceless Immortals on Scadrial possess someone, their eyes glow red. This effect is also seen with many of Odium's servants on Roshar, as Odium is primarily Invested in Braize, not Roshar.
Investiture can be divided into two categories: Kinetic Investiture and Innate Investiture. Kinetic Investiture refers to Investiture actively doing something. When Investiture is kinetic, it can often be detected by various methods, such as Allomantic bronze or sand from the Dayside of Taldain. Innate Investiture refers to all Investiture not actively doing something, from the piece of Preservation in all Scadrians to Feruchemical charge in a metalmind.
Cosmere scholars term the various methods of utilizing Investiture (such as the Metallic Arts, Surgebinding, and Awakening) Invested Arts, Since the Shattering, these can be grouped into three main categories. The most common are those powered directly by the Shards, which arise from the interactions between a Shard and the planet they are Invested in. Such Invested Arts are capable of far more spectacular results than other Invested Arts. If a planet does not have a Shard in residence, it inhabitants can still access and use Investiture by the ordinary laws of Realmatics, but, without a Shard to provide additional power, the results are far more limited. The last category is the few Invested Arts left over from before the Shattering of Adonalsium, of which the only known example is Yolish Lightweaving.
在三界宙中，使用神瑛力量的方式多种多样，但从根本上说都是类似的：首先需要与力量源泉之间存在一种连接（或者有能力创造这种连接），然后需要有能力引导这种力量。使用神能的方式大体分作两种：physical and mechanical。神能的来源（正值、平值、负值）也对使用方式有很大影响。
三界宙魔法的构成中有重要的意义， and is relevant to every manifestation of Investiture. Some magic systems are connected through how color works within them. Certain colors are linked to a change in Investiture, such as corrupted Investiture being red. How color is viewed and therefore how it affects Investiture is mainly through people's perception of it. According to Lopen, colors have distinct tastes.
仇恨的神能通常表现为 “burning” gold or violet-black colors, though it is also often red, the color that signifies corrupted Investiture.
Color in Investiture
- Awakening：Awakening an object has a cost of draining the color of nearby objects. Color appears to act as a fuel for Awakening. Objects drained of their color usually turn grey, although an Awakener who achieved Perfect Invocation could drain objects more fully, turning them white. Colors outside the visible spectrum, like ultraviolet, can be used as fuel for Awakening.
- Heightening：The Third Heightening grants Perfect Color Recognition, the ability to instantly and instinctively determine exact shades of colors and their hue harmonics. The Tenth Heightening grants Color Distortion, the natural and intrinsic ability to bend light around white objects within their BioChroma, creating colors from them as if from a prism. The Tenth Heightening also grants Perfect Invocation, the ability to draw more color from the objects Awakeners use to fuel their art. This leaves objects drained to white, rather than grey.
- Royal Locks：Members of the Royal House can change their hair color. Normally the color of the Royal Locks reflects the person's emotional state by default but this can be controlled through training and discipline. They can also change their hair color to unnatural colors. Which particular color that will match up with which particular emotion is based on associations that people in the culture give them and the user's own perspective.
- Knights Radiant:Each Knights Radiant Order is associated with a color. When a Surgebinder summons their Shardblade, their eyes will change to match their Order's color.
- Soulcasting:When Soulcasting, both Surgebinders and fabrial users are limited by the types of gems available to them. While the chemical composition of the gemstone is important, its color is paramount, with every color of a polestone corresponding to one of the Ten Essences. Some polestones are the same type of crystal but with different color and chemical signatures. Sapphire and ruby are both types of corundum. Smokestone and amethyst are both types of quartz. Emerald and heliodor are both types of beryl. Much like how iron and steel, despite being very similar chemically, are different metals in the Metallic Arts, the exact color and chemical signatures are enough to differentiate the polestones. As a result, an off-color polestone acts much like an impure alloy in Allomancy. If a polestone was drained of its color by an Awakener, it would still hold Stormlight but would have the properties of a dusty or cloudy quartz. If a spren was trapped inside, the would be released. Although the type of polestone Stormlight is stored in is irrelevant for most Surgebinding, polestones do have an important impact on Soulcasting. Namely, they determine what kind of substances a Soulcaster can transmute objects into.
Color is involved with the Metallic Arts in some unknown way.
When combined with different colors, AonDor has interesting combinations.
The Investiture of each Dawnshard grants Heightening-like abilities, allowing a person to see colors more vividly than before.
Many magic systems in the cosmere are able to heal a person from damage. This includes physical wounds or sprains, and can even heal fatal damage. Limbs and body parts can be regrown as well. Healing can also be used to recover from poisoning, sickness such as a cold or cancer, chronic diseases, such as poor eyesight, tiredness, and even damage to the soul. Constantly healing from wounds can leave the user invulnerable to pain. Most forms of extreme healing don't care much about what is done to the physical body, as long as the person's spiritual template is in power at the time. Some magic systems are better at healing than others.
Healing the soul
When healing the soul, such as a missing piece cut off from a Shardblade, a new patch of soul will be created. Healing wounds to the soul is much more Spiritual Realm based. If a magic is strong enough to heal from pieces of a body, it will try to heal from the biggest piece. If the body was perfectly cut in half, a random half would be chosen to heal from. Not every magic system is capable of healing soul wounds. If the soul leaves the body and is then healed, the soul will not return and the physical body will be the only thing healed, leaving the person dead. If a soul is healed but not reattached properly, the person will leave a glowing afterimage when they move, though it is only visible to those who are highly invested.
While a number of things can be healed, there are certain limitations. Disorders like depression that are a part of a person's personality will not be cured. Electrical stimulation of muscles, such as being electrocuted, will not be healed as it's not doing any harm and it's how muscles normally work. Aging and certain genetic diseases can also not be healed.
Many, if not all, magical healing processes are stopped by aluminum. If aluminum is in the wound, it makes it impossible for wounds to heal around the aluminum until it is removed from the body.
Perception of oneself
Healing works by using the three versions of the user's self; their Physical, Cognitive, and Spiritual version. Healing typically heals the Physical version by matching it to their ideal Spiritual version, which is filtered through the lens of their minds (Cognitive version). Almost all forms of healing in the cosmere are filtered through the perception of the user. This applies to both internal and external forms of healing. When someone is healing someone else, both of their perceptions matter. If a person hasn't accepted a wound as a part of themselves, they can still heal it regardless of how long they've had it. However, even if a wound is recent, if the person has changed their mindset to see it as a part of themselves, they will not be able to heal from it. Perception can also have users change their body to match their identity, such as a transgender person changing their biological sex. There are a few magic systems that are an exception to this rule.
Types of known Investiture healing
In Feruchemy, health is stored in gold. A goldmind can be tapped to heal at an accelerated rate, or to heal from wounds that would normally be fatal. It's hard to fill a goldmind, due to the fact that it requires the Bloodmaker to spend time sickly and weak. Gold does not heal diseases as efficiently as it heals wounds, but it can heal damage to the soul. A gold Compounder can use gold to have a nearly infinite supply of health. When Compounding, a Bloodmaker can heal very rapidly, and can survive flaying, decapitations, and point-blank explosions. The recovery from injuries and wounds is almost instantaneous.
In Allomancy, burning aluminum would be able to heal the withering inflicted by a Shade. If someone were able to burn the amount of aluminum needed to become an Allomantic savant with the metal, it may be possible to cleanse their spirit of unwanted effects of Investiture.
In Allomancy, burning pewter grants the user the ability to heal from otherwise deadly wounds, and to recover much more quickly.
- AonDor：In AonDor, the Aon Ien is used as the basis for healing. To maximize its potential, Elantrians use specialized modifiers that can target the part of the body that needs to be healed, as well as define how the healing should take place.
Elantrian are able to heal themselves quickly and survive fatal injuries, such as decapitation. This ability doesn't function if the massive Aon Rao of Elantris is non-functional. Reod Elantrains' wounds will refuse to heal; nonetheless, a Reod Elantrian can only be killed by decapitation or burning, while remaining immune to hunger or most fatal wounds, as the Dor keeps their bodies functioning.
A form of Forgery practiced by surgeons is called Resealing. Resealing can effect miraculous healing, even allowing to survive otherwise fatal wounds, but it doesn't repair spiritual damage. Forgery can also be used to Forge a new soul.
- Surgebinding：With Stormlight as a fuel source, Surgebinders are able to heal both their body and their soul. Almost any kind of injury can be reversed, including bad eyesight, scar tissues, or Spiritual damage done by a Shardblade.
- Progression Surge：In Surgebinding, the Progression Surge can alter the growth and healing of organisms. Using Growth and Regrowth, the Surgebinder can heal the damage done to the body and the soul of other people near-instantly. Thanks to this, Surgebinders with Progression are nigh-on unkillable so long as they have Stormlight.
- Surge Fabrial：A Surge Fabrial is able to mimic the Radiant ability of Regrowth. Ancient Radiants possessed fabrials constructed from a large topaz and a heliodor that were able to "regrow" and repair injuries through manipulating the Surge of Progression. In the present day, most of those fabrials, as well as the knowledge of how to make them, have been lost; however, the Herald Nale possesses one capable of bringing someone back from the brink of death.
- Honorblade：An Honorblade inherently grants the ability to Surgebind. This allows the user to heal with Stormlight, but doesn't let them heal from a soul wound.
- Fused：The Fused use Voidlight to heal themselves. Precisely how they do that, and whether their ability has any similarity to Radiants', is uncertain.
- Returned：Each Returned is gifted a single, powerful Breath called a Divine Breath, a Splinter of Endowment. A Returned may give this Breath up to heal one person, albeit at the cost of their own life. This sacrifice can cure diseases, heal almost any wound, and regrow lost body parts. The Divine Breath is one of the most powerful healing abilities, perhaps the most powerful available to non-Shards.
- Hoid：Hoid has access to some sort of healing factor that is capable of repairing both his body and soul. He's able to regenerate any damaged body parts at will, including his head. He's also able to repress his healing factor in some way, preventing instantaneous healing, an ability that he makes use of in some of his disguises. This healing factor makes it very difficult to kill Hoid, although he is still at least somewhat vulnerable. The name of the manifestation of Investiture responsible for Hoid's healing is unknown, but it is ancient, likely originating from some Pre-Shattering source. It is uncertain whether or not this healing factor is at all related to Hoid's apparent agelessness, which is known to originate from a remnant of a weapon built to kill Adonalsium.
- Shards：Shards are able to heal physical and spiritual wounds of other people. They can also heal those who have very recently died, and can even heal irreversible damage, such as savantism.
Type IV BioChromatic Entities: Intelligent inorganic entities created through the use of 灵息.
Seons: Intelligent entities with connections to 艾欧铎
Aviar: Birds infested with symbiotic worms native to the Pantheon
Seons: A seon can create bonds with humans and Elantrians. Little is known of this bond other than that the Seon follows and helps the person it is bonded to, functioning as a servant to the owner of the bond. This bond does not give the seon an innate ability to find the human to whom it is bonded. Seons will automatically seek out a new person to bond with following the death of its master; often the new master has been prearranged. During the time of the Reod, while the Shaod was unable to finish transforming a human into an Elantrian, any seon bonded to a Elantrian lost its mind and would float around the city, often near their master. This bond grants new unknown powers to the members of the bond while on 柔刹 and is very similar to a Nahel Bond.
First of the Sun Bonds
Aviar: Aviars create a bond with a person and grant a specific power based of the type of Aviar bonded. Aviar are granted their ability if raised on one of the pantheon islands and consume a worm native to the island. See Aviar for more information. Has no known effect on Roshar.
Other Worm Infected Animals Other birds besides native island Aviar are able to eat the worms and create a bond with a new effect (i.e. Sak). It is unknown if eating the worms will grant new abilities to other non-bird animals.